Monday, July 21, 2008

I Know I know

I have been the worst blogger the last couple days. I had a emotional night a few days ago, and I am STILL trying to recover from it. So here is what happened. To have a small recap, Gavin has been sleeping through the night for almost TWO months now, and on the off nights he does wake up at say 3am I just let him cry it out until he falls back asleep. So on Saturday night/Sunday morning I hear Gavin crying at 3:30am, I try to fall back asleep, and I think I did for a couple minutes then at 4am I wake up again to him SCREAMING HARD, More than I have heard in a long time. So I decided to go check on him.......As SOON as I got out of bed he stops crying, I ALMOST went back to bed but thought I'm already up, so I go into his room and I am looking for his head.......I CANNOT FIND IT!!!!!!!! He has started "crawling" around his crib, and managed to do a completely turn himself around. He was being SMOTHERED with a THICK blanket that I had at the very bottom of his crib. It is sagies favorite blanket and she insists that he sleep with it........so I just put it in there but not on him!!!! So I grab him and he is already starting to turn a little blue......Luckily for me he starts SCREAMING again. I know how to do infant CPR but NEVER thought I would ever have to do it. I watch his breathing for a couple minutes and decided to feed him to get him back to sleep. I slept in his room the rest of the night....I am now a paranoid Mommy.......He now sleeps in his long jammies and is NOT ALLOWED to have ANYTHING in his crib....ESPECIALLY blankets!!!!!!!! I CANNOT help but wonder what would have happened if I had NOT checked on him....It would not have been good, That's for sure!!!!!!!! I know I was prompted to check on him when I did, and I am so thankful for that small still voice. I am so thankful for my kids and I DON'T know what I would do if anything ever happened to them. I have found a greater love for them the last week and maybe that was all I NEEDED to learn from the experience.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

How scary! I am always double checking my kids to make sure they are breathing! It is so scary to be a mom anyway! I am glad you decided to check! Good luck till Spencer gets back.

Christina said...

Yikes! It's scary when they start "traveling" around the crib! I'm glad he is ok! That would be so scary. Good ideas taking all the blankies out!

Perry Family said...

Thank goodness for promptings...what would us mothers do with out them? I have found that acting on the still small voice has made motherhood doable! So glad you came in the nick of time,but so scary, and glad he was fine. Hope you are doing better too:)

Amanda XOX said...

Oh wow! You are so very lucky and I am really glad everything turned out okay. You've prompted me to pull the blankies out of the bottom of the crib too!

Ryan & Keri said...

Mona-Kay, how scarey! I'm so glad that you listened to the spirit. I have had little promptings, but I don't think ever anything like that. We are so blessed! And I love all of the pics of your kids below. I am back on, so I should be checking in more often. Keep the updates coming.

DLonna said...

How scary!!! i am so glad that you are prepared knowing CPR. I need to have a review its been too long and you never know when you need it.