Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dinner in a Pumpkin

Last years pumpkin, I forgot to take a picture of this years dinner

I have had many requests for this recipe, I have been "tweaking"it from the original I was really happy with this version..

Combine the following ingredients together and cook in a large fry pan
1lb ground beef
1lb ground Sausage (mild)
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Onion
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp Oregano
**Drain fat then add**
1 large can diced tomatoes
4-5 cups cooked rice
1 small can tomato sauce

Prepare the pumpkin by cuting a lid from the top, remove the seeds and strings. Pack mixture into pumpkin place lid on top and bake at 350 for 1 1/2

5 comments:

The Hill's said...

Your background is always so cute! Do you get it somewhere or make it yourself?

Chandra said...

Oh yay! I was going to ask you for ths recipe! So do you use instant rice or regular? I'm so making this soon!

stewart.shana.ella said...

Yummy, and very creative. I am going to have to try this out:)

Julianne said...

Sometimes I have to cook this in like April too b/c once a year isn't enough!! We made ours in a Spaghetti Squash this year and used Italian Sausage. YUMMY!!!

Erinn said...

OOoooooooooo!!! I love it!