Friday, September 12, 2008

Shots and SCREAMING

I was not sure if I could get through taking CALEB and SAGE to the DOCTOR today but I did it. It was their yearly check up, they were really excited to get weighed and measured, they even LOVED getting their blood pressure checked.......I told Caleb that it was checking his muscles.....he thought it was SO COOL. He actually asked nurse Marcie to do it again :) And he told Sage when she was getting hers done.....Sagie it's OK they are checking your muscles be BRAVE :) lol!!!!! Then they had their eyes checked.......Caleb did so well......He could see the very bottom line!!!!! Sage did great too, After her potty break in the middle of her exam.....you cannot tell a three year old to wait. When she has to go SHE HAS TO GO!!!!!!! She did GREAT too YAY :) Then things got a little bit more complicated.......Shots. Sage needed TWO and Caleb just needed ONE little flu shot. Well Caleb FREAKED OUT......no SERIOUSLY freaked. I tried to hold him down and it was not really working.....Caleb has SUPERMAN muscles. He is SOLID......So after he had pulled the plunger out of the top of the needle then resulting in the vaccine FLYING EVERYWHERE. Nurse Marcie had to go get ANOTHER nurse to come help hold him down. So with THREE people holding him down he finally got hi shot. Not much screaming happened AFTER he had the Shot.....ALMOST all of the screaming was before. Nurse Marcie said that was the FIRST time someone has pulled the plunger out while giving a shot.......When she left the room she THANKED Caleb for her WORKOUT!!!!!!! Yea I was a little embarrassed but wotcha gonna do??????? Then was Sagies turn, Even after watching Caleb's major melt down she was more than willing to pull her pants down and sit STILL for her shots....She did not cry much!!!!! Such a brave little GIRL :) So we all SURVIVED.....Now I just have to get through Gavin's Appointment in a couple more Weeks!!!!

2 comments:

Perry Family said...

I always have a bad day when I end up getting the kid's check ups...I swear you handled it well, I stress out to see the kids get poked and proded. How funny that Caleb pulled out the plunger! What a brave girl Sage is...I need to take lessons from her :) Bryanna is really good for her apts, its Maddox that has a fit...maybe its a boy thing? LOL!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

I can't believe he pulled out the plunger! And, so funny that he screamed before and not after. Way to go, Sage...it goes to show that even little a princess can be tough. It always causes me anxiety when it's time to take the kiddos to the doctor. I have to go Tuesday...so wish me luck. ;)

Hey....did you go out tonight for a celebration??? I hope so.