Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cheesecake


Prep Time:25 min
Total Time:5 hr 40 min
Makes:12 servings

1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs (I used almost 2 cups)
3/4 cup finely chopped Pecans, divided (I used more)
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/3 cup sugar
4 cups thin peeled apple slices

PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch spring form pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch spring form pan). Mix crumbs, 1/2 cup of the pecans, 3 Tbsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. of the cinnamon and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
BEAT cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust. Mix 1/3 cup sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in large bowl. Add apples; toss to coat. Spoon over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
BAKE 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
This recipe is Super Yummy, Spencer LOVES Cheesecake and I have never made it for him before. Now I have a feeling we will be making it ALL the time. Caleb and Sage really LOVED it too!!!!!

2 comments:

katie speed said...

HEY! so great to see what your up to. I really need to tell you how cute your kids are and I love the name Sage.

this cheesecake looks so good.

Perry Family said...

I LOVE making homemade cheesecake. I made it like almost every other week right after Maddox was born! I have the missionaries coming over for dinner this week, and need a good dessert...thanks for this yummy recipe!!!