Monday, June 9, 2008

Blowouts......

Gavin seems to have blowouts at the WORST POSSIBLE TIMES!!!!! His last one before yesterday was when I was at my wards cooking group, we were making yummy bread and Gavin pooped, it blow out everywhere!!!! Really all over his back and it even dripped on Holly's kitchen floor....I was so embarrassed, I did not bring extra diapers with me, I was only a couple blocks away from home so I did not bother to bring any.....big mistake:(
That was a good day compared to the one he had yesterday at Church. It all started at Relief Society, It had just started and I was sitting next to my wonderful neighbor Brita. We were talking, and Gavin started to get a little bit fussy...I quickly interrupted the type of cry (I'm getting pretty good at that) I knew I had to get out of there!!!! TOO LATE he pooped and it squirted out the top of his diaper and landed on MY LAP, all over my OFF WHITE SKIRT. Everyone around my heard when he pooped and started laughing. I looked at my skirt and told Britta I HAVE TO GO HOME!!! She was so sweet and helped me out, I cleaned up the best I could. She went to go find Spencer, He was actually siting next to her husband Mike...Spencer had the car keys of course. So I walked of of church with Gavin's blanket wrapped around my skirt. We got home and changed all our clothes and headed back to church. I managed to hear the last 2 minutes of the lesson. I am so grateful to have my kids, I Love being their mom, Even when it gets MESSY. They are always worth the trouble!!!!! Here is a cute picture of Gavin and I from yesterday :)

5 comments:

Chandra said...

That is so cute! You look beautiful! And he looks like he's saying "Yep! That's my mom! :-)" So sweet! Parker never had any blow out poopies but I'm sure by the time I get to my #3 I will have plenty of white skirts with brown stains! ha ha

Rowe Family said...

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh! It brought back so many memories (only opposite). Bradley had the projectile vomiting. Any time he ate it all came back up and shot about five feet.I had to keep a bucket by the couch. And I know how ya feel...we had it happen at church too!! You will look back and laugh really!!!

Amanda XOX said...

I'm not laughing, I'm horrified about the church incident! Luckily Josh's blowouts have been at home right before we are about to leave.
This makes me think twice about letting someone hold my kiddo during RS each week. What if he exploded on someone else????
Do you have a good cleaner? Zote (from WalMart) works wonderfully. Got out nose bleed from my shirt and Mikey's yesterday! And is great to get out baby poo!

Perry Family said...

I so know that feeling...and there is not mch you can do to prevent it...it is just that stage that they go through until they can start eating solid food to help get solid poop:)
You look beautiful with your new haircut!

Ryan & Keri said...

So maybe you should be like a model mommy, like in a parenting magazine or something. You guys are beautiful! I love the pic!