Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our first trip to IDAHO

What a week, it all started with the unexpected passing of My Wonderful Uncle Allen on January 11Th. It was a shock for the whole family, he was such a Wonderful fun loving person, We will all truly miss him!!!! I will never forget all the fun times we had together, we spent a week with him and his wife Teri every spring before he moved from California to Idaho. I am so glad we were able to make it to Idaho for the funeral, We drove up on Thursday and stayed with Uncle Gary and Aunt Jill in Idaho Falls. Let me just tell you it was a CrAzY good time!!!!!!!! There were 19 PEOPLE STAYING there, YEP 19!!!!!! There was Gary, Jill, Kristin, Rachel, Cami, Papa Don, G-ma Barbara, Craig, Lory, Melissa, Alisha, Allen, Kent, Jason, Spencer, Mon-Kay ,Caleb, Sage and Baby Gavin!!!!!!! Seriously a Full House
When we got there Thursday night, Jill made a Yummy Dinner for Everyone. Sage helped make the salad and had the BEST TIME!!!!!!! She is still talking about it. Caleb and Sage tried some Smoked Fish for the first time and Caleb LOVED it, i think he ate half the fish all by himself!!!! We played with some dominoes and had hot chocolate.....with LOTS of Marshmallows, Spent the night laughing and crying sharing our favorite memories of Uncle Allen, Caleb took TONS of silly pictures of everyone.....that might be a later post :)

On Friday we headed to Salmon Id, for the funeral. It was really great to see lots of family and friends there. It was a Wonderful Service, I loved listening to all the GREAT stories everyone told. We all headed to a Italian restaurant for lunch after the service. It was so nice to talk to family we have not seen in FOREVER!!!! I got more than one "i have not seen you since you were this big" (with their hands around their hips) Comments!!!!!! Those always make me laugh :)
We did a Illegal thing on the way up there........Gavin got to sit in Sagies big kid, forward facing car seat, as you can see he was really LOVING it!!!!!!!! Babies aren't supposed to be facing forward until they turn one......don't tell!!!!! He was getting spoiled and did not seem to mind :) We spent another night in Idaho Falls, another fun family night!!!!!!! We spent the night playing cards, Gary taught us all a new game and i did a great job of being the biggest loser......really hard for me!!!!! Grandma actually won the last game we played.......way to go G-ma Barbara :) We came back on Saturday and let me just say it was the BEST drive we have EVER had.............Nobody made a PEEP, Caleb, Sage, and Gavin were ALL Asleep MOST of the time, and Gavin woke up SO HAPPY!!!!!!!! It was a great ending to a not so happy Trip

6 comments:

DMN said...

I'm so jealous, I really wanted to go! Now I feel like the only one who didn't! Glad you guys had a good time, but it makes me sad I decided not to go!:(

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Wow, fun to see the whole family even if it was because of a funeral. I love the picture of Gavin, he is one happy boy. I always turned my boys around a little early...they were so big.

Julianne said...

Well, Dawn-Marie wasn't the only one not there...we wish we could have made it too. We love that little town and Gary and Jill's place sounds like a nice place too! Let's talk tonight...I'll call you.

Anonymous said...

You all look so beautiful and so glad all the cousins stay close. The pictures are perfect and helpful since I could not be there either.
Everytime I called when you were little, you were making a salad--or cleaning the bathroom.
Thus the name 'Cinderelli'.
Do we have Cinderelli II?
So glad your memories are so special of my baby brother!

Julianne said...

Cinderelli II...that is so cute. And that does describe you perfectly, making a salad and cleaning the bathroom. lol. Alright calling you now to hear more about the trip up to Idaho...

Lory said...

Hey Mona,
It was a wonderful trip, thanks for the memories of Uncle Al.
Love your blog, very cute stuff!
Love you guys!