Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No More

TV that is.......Yes it is official I have banned the TV maybe forever!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired of just watching Caleb and Sage ZOMBIE out in front of the TV all day. It had to stop and Yesterday it did. I will let them watch ONE SHOW a day.......That's it!!!!!! I have already noticed a change in their behavior. They have not been fighting as much and they are loving their books and games more than ever. It has been a little bit harder for me to keep them entertained but it is well worth all the effort. I don't think that i ever planed on doing it...I always thought it was a good idea but thought the people who did it were CRAZY!!!!!! We will see how it goes, right now the greatest change has been the constant coloring from Sage, and Caleb ALWAYS has a book in his hand or is playing with his flashcards!!!!!! I am going to have to get them MORE books and activities to do for their birthdays.....I might be BRAVE enough to buy some play dough!!!! I know it's kinda sad we don't have ANY!!!!!!!!! I am going to try and stay away from the computer during the day............Without the TV they are a little bit more NEEDY!!!!! I wish we could spend more time outside but its hard without a fence to keep them in our yard. Hopefully we can get it up soon and them I can let them RUN FREE :)

6 comments:

Perry Family said...

I'm so there!! Bryanna is more well behaved when I have the TV off, and I have activities lined up for her. We have play-dough, and it gives her something to do, I just have to make sure she doesn't smoosh all the colors together and that it doesn't get ground into my carpet...but after the first couple of times, she knows the rules of play-dough now! The TV is kind of bad in that I ease up on monitoring her while its on...I should just ban it like you!! Way to go, you are such a great mother!

Amanda XOX said...

Mikey said today while we were up at Mt. Charleston, "I want go home and watch TV!!"
I think there might be a tv ban going on soon at our house, but that would mean mommy would require a blog reading ban too, so we'll see what happens =o)

Valerie said...

Carter was really giving us a hard time! We were so frustrated and we decided that we needed to limit the TV that he watches. It has been more work but his behavior has improved! He seems easier to manage, and less crabby.
Way to go!

Tyler and Mindy said...

A big GOOD JOB for you.

Chandra said...

Oh I've totally been feeling the same way.. I mean not as much prolly since Parker is only 1 and I only have 1 kid but I've been trying to think of things to do to keep him busy/safe/clean. Like taking him to the gym and the park and sitting down with the in the afternoon and helping him learn a new toy. ANyhoo, good luck. The TV is certainly a curse and a blessing.

Ryan & Keri said...

You've crossed over to the other side. J/K. We haven't had tv, except for like four months of our entire marriage. It's been wonderful. We watch movies sometimes, but that's it. Hang in there; you can do it.