Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Sage!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Sage!!!!!!! I cannot believe my little Princess is ALREADY THREE :)
Well I am making the time to "WRITE" Her birth story.....It's a long one :) As you might guess from the first picture!!!!!!!!
I started feeling a little bit "funny" on the afternoon of the 26Th. I thought I was just tired so when Caleb was asleep I decided to try and sleep too. That is when I started feeling the contractions..........SIX WEEKS before my due date, October 7Th!!!!!! Not Again......Caleb was six weeks Early too!!!!!!! I called my Dr. and she told me to GET TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!!! It was a Crazy day for Traffic in Las Vegas.......It SERIOUSLY took us TWO HOURS to get to the Hospital!!!!! By the time we got there I had stopped feeling the contractions and thought it was just a false alarm. We talked about going home before we got inside......But decided to go in, because it did take us so long to get there. Once there they had no where to put me so another HOUR WAIT until I even get checked out. Still feeling fine I got hooked up and could not believe it......I was having contractions every 3-5 minutes and I was dilated to a 4!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my Dr. Put me on some Magnesium Sulfate to try and stop the contractions......another 4 hours later I was dilated to a 7, So at that point they could not stop it anymore. They did a quick ultrasound and found out that Sage was BREACH........Little Stinker!!!!!! So I was Going to have my very first c-section :(
Sage was Born at 1:37am
She weighed 5LBS 5OZ
191/2 Inches Long

This is how she looked the first time I saw her......All Tubed UP!!!!! Poor Baby

So the story does not end there, the day after she was born her Right Lung Collapsed :( They put a chest tube in and then told me, Because of her LUNG PROBLEMS....They had to move her to a hospital with a LEVEL 3 NICU!!!!!!!! The hospital we were at only had a level TWO :( So an Ambulance from Summerlin hospital came to get her, BEFORE they left Spencer and I both had a horrible feeling that something was going to happen on the way there. Sure enough no more than TWO BLOCKS away........the ambulance gets hit by some IDIOT on a Motorcycle!!!!! Yep my One day old Baby in her first Car Accident!!!!! Thank goodness she was all bundled up and so Drugged up already she was Fine. Cannot say that for the TWO other Nurses that were with her. They were knocked around pretty good, we saw one of them a few days later wearing a lovely NECK BRACE :( SO sad
So After all that FUN, She had to stay in the Hospital for another two Weeks. It was EXTRA hard because of Caleb. I remember We had a hard time finding time to go see her. Spencer and I would go in the Morning and I would go back after Caleb went to bed at night. She had all the "normal" Stuff to get over, Jaundice, Eating, Gaining Weight....I was so HAPPY when we finally got to take her home. It was the longest two weeks of my life!!!!!!

Three Weeks Old (Finally Home) Notice the Ugly bruise on her hand. She was poked so many times I thought she would never be the same. She does STILL have a SCAR on the chest from the Chest Tube. I actually like that it is still there, Its a great reminder of all the trouble she caused :)

First Birthday

I actually forgot how Bald she was, I was so happy to get that hair into a pony tail.

Second Birthday

It seems like yesterday she turned TWO, I CANNOT believe its been another YEAR!!!!! I am way excited about this Birthday. She is finally old enough to "GET IT" and is SUPER excited to do all the Birthday Stuff. I am going to SPOIL her Rotten.......I think it's OK to go a little crazy on your birthday!!!!!!! So what if she has Cupcakes for BREAKFAST, and does nothing but eat Sugar and Play all day !!!!! You only have a birthday ONCE a year right :0

Lots more Pictures to come

9 comments:

stewart.shana.ella said...

Wow that is one crazy story. What we do for our kids:) I had an emergency c-section with Ella, so I was just wondering if you had to have another one with Gavin or if you did a v-back? I don't know which is worse. Just wonering for whenever we get around to having another one:)

Christina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAGE!!!! MK...were you seriously up at 1:30 AM writing this??? HOLY CROW!! You need to get some sleep!! :)

Perry Family said...

That is a very crazy story and I think I didn't know most of the details. I just remember coming over for Caleb's brithday and that sage was finally home!! Happy Birthday Sage!! So glad she is here healthy and strong now!! :)

Allred Family said...

Christina you almost won my secret prize!!!! I had it post at 1:37 am.......The EXACT time she was born. I was wondering is someone would notice :) I actually got to bed about 12:30....but you are right i do need to get some sleep :)

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Crazy story. Esp. about the biker hitting the plane. She is an adorable liitle 'princess'. I love her first year picture with her little ponytail! Thanks for letting us in on some of the fun celebration for Sage.

Happy Birthday!

Amanda XOX said...

I had no idea of all this trauma drama. I do remember you bringing her to church for the 1st time and she was so tiny, but all swaddled up and sleeping oh so well! (I was thinking to myself that she was so small and I could totally push that out if I had to!! I was pregnant at the time with my first kiddo).
Well happy birthday to Sage and yay to a cupcake breakfast =o)

Julianne said...

I knew we made cupcakes for a GREAT reason tonight. We celebrated Sage's Birthday in heart and mind tonight as we ate our cupcakes for dinner...seriously. We love Sage "Princess" Allred!
You are such a sweet girl with the perfect amount of spunk! We can't wait to see you in October...you big 3 year old!

Chandra said...

Awww Sagie! I remember holding her after she came home and she was soooo small!!! And now she is such a beautiful little girl!!! Wow! You are a lucky mommy!

Erinn said...

That is a tough story! I love her deep blue eyes, so gorgeous!!

I love reading your blog, your the best at keeping it up, lol :)