Saturday, August 22, 2009

Our Idaho Vaacation

I have SO MANY pictures from our trip to ISLAND PARK that it overwhelmed me a little bit. So here it goes, We left for Idaho on a Thursday morning, we met up with Spencer's Parents and Sister's Family and headed to Brigham City to meet up with his Brother's Family. We all got Walkie Talkies and had some fun talking to each other the whole way up there and back.....Good Times :) Caleb and Sage were Laughing Hysterically every time it "started talking" I wish I had a video of it!!!!!!
We stopped in Idaho Falls for lunch and Spencer's parents had some minor car trouble they had taken care of while we walked around the Idaho falls temple taking pictures!!!!

On Friday morning we took a RAFT TRIP down the river!!!!! The kids were pretty excited about it....the weather was COLDER than i would have liked it, but it did warm up a little bit by the end of our 3 hour trip :) It was pretty crazy 18 people.....10 were kids, and 8 of them are 5 and under!!!!! It was lots of fun, Gavin did NOT LIKE his life vest (he did NOT wear it long) It was so nice and relaxing, the scenery was beautiful and we even saw a MOOSE!!!!!! Sage grew attached to a different cousin every day of the trip Friday was all about Ashlee, i had to get a pic of just the two of them.
After we got back we had some Lunch and then the kids went fishing!!!!!! Caleb was so excited to catch a fish, Uncle Mike had him give it a KISS!!!!! Sage also "caught" a fish and she was MORE than happy to pucker up :0 They definitely got their share of Papa Don genes when it comes to fishing :)
During Dinner it started to rain, we were not about to have a little rain ruin our fire!!!! After a little work we got it started and made some SMORES, the kids were in HEAVEN. It was their First CAMPFIRE and they LOVED it. Especially Caleb our"FUTURE FIREFIGHTER" he was in charge of the fire safety!!!
Saturday we headed to Yellowstone!!!!! So much fun, It was my FIRST time there!!!! It was really Beautiful, we saw SO MANY amazing animals "if you look there are Buffalo in the family picture in the left corner" We saw Old Faithfull, the kids had a HARD time waiting, but it was worth the wait. We stoped at some HOT SPRINGS, Sage was loving it...Caleb was having a HARD day :0 They ALL CRASHED in the car on the way back to Island Park
I cannot wait to go back again one day.........
Sunday we got all packed up and ready to leave, before we left we headed up the road to Big Springs and took a little Hike and had Lunch. We took some Family Pictures, They turned out pretty good...The kids were being pretty Silly!!!!!
We fed some fish at Big Springs and even saw a River Otter......So Cute!!!! On the hike the kids did better than i expected, Even Gavin walked for MOST of it!!!!!! He is really growing up fast :(
We had one last stop on our way home Upper Mesa Falls, the kids LOVED the HUGE WATERFALL!!!!! We got one last picture of all the Cousins!!!! Cannot wait for next Year :)

4 comments:

*The_Fisher_Family* said...

LOVE all the pictures!!! Such a cute family! and once again I really like your hair dark--just beautiful! I think your new family pictures turned out good. wow never knew PoDuNk Idaho could be so beautiful :) Looks like you guys had a great time- oh and I really have to say sorry about the whole thing with not coming to the door when your kids knock- Rylee had been a terror lately I cant get her to mind so she has been in a lot of trouble lately and not able to play this attitude it killing me and she is only 5!!! AHHHHHH!! Starting next week I will have a nice 3 hour break!! YAY

Julianne said...

Oh, I love all of the family pictures! They're beautiful! I love the one by Old Faithful Geyser sign. The rafting looked like such a fun time and Caleb kissing the fish is the best!

DMN said...

I can't believe how blonde Gav's hair is! I'm jealous, I wish I could of gone to Yellowstone!!

Perry Family said...

Idaho is so green!! What beautiful family pictures you got too! Wow, lots of fun on the river...I want to go to Idaho!!!!!