Monday, June 28, 2010

June Garden Update


Here is our Garden June 20th 2010
(I hope to have a Garden Update Every Month this Summer....So stay tuned)

In this Box we have 2 Artichokes,  4 Yellow Onions, Green Onions, Celery, Red Leaf Lettuce, Romaine, and Spinach....Yummy
In this Box we have 3 different Varieties of Pumpkin, We got some of those MONSTER Pumpkin seeds.....Ya know the kind that claims to grow 100 pound Pumpkins....We are really Curious to see what happens here.....Keep Y'all posted


In this Box we have 2 Zucchini, 1 Yellow Zucchini, 1 Yellow Crookneck, 2 Eggplant and 2 Cucumber.....I think we Killed the Cucumbers :(  I need to re-plant them SOON


In this box we have 2 Varieties of Corn and Some Carrots
Do you see those Patches of Missing Carrots....Gavin attacked them one day just as they were coming up :(


In this Box we have 4 Roma Tomatoes, 4 Pear Tomatoes, We also have 4 Red Pepper and 4 Jalapenos
And yes i am Aware that 8 Tomato plants may sound like a few too many...if you are thinking this that you do NOT know my Children....they can pick a Tomato Plant clean in NO TIME
 
In this Box we have our Watermelon.......Yummy
Sage has been asking me nearly everyday when the Watermelon is going to be Ready......its gonna be a While Sage, Sorry
 
And Lastly we have our Peas and Green Beans :)
I will Admit, Peas are NOT my Favorite, and we have TONS coming up, so if you LOVE Peas....Please come and help me out when they are Ready :) Thank you
 
We cannot wait to REALLY Enjoy EATING our Garden, we are already enjoying our Lettuce.....I'm actually on my Second batch of Spinach for the Year!!!!! It has been a Favorite of Everyone in the House, I love watching the kids outside Playing and Picking Spinach to much on!!!! 

2 comments:

*The_Fisher_Family* said...

Your garden is looking fab! Great green thumb it must run in your blood :) Ry gets out of school tomorrow so I hope to have many play dates :)

Jerilee E. said...

Looks good!! We are growing a lot of the same things... well, except the artichokes, cucumber, celery, corn. Ok, so I'm not growing as much ;). We have 7 tomato plants.. I love me some tomatoes!
I'm excited to see how your pumpkins turn out!